Construction Update May 1, 2019rsevers
- MLK east bound crosswalk over Congress Avenue (in front of Bullock Museum) and eastern crosswalk over MLK at Congress (this is the Construction Zone exit.).
- MLK east bound at Brazos and at San Jacinto and both crosswalks over MLK at Brazos are closed. Use the eastern crosswalk at San Jacinto to cross over MLK.
See the Safe Sidewalk Routes Map on wayfinding signboards at most intersections for best options.
Lane closures for utility work will continue through May.
- East bound lane of MLK from Congress to San Jacinto (including the bike lane).
- South bound lane of Brazos and San Jacinto from MLK to 18th Street.
Construction Exit at Congress & MLK: Look out for flagmen directing approximately two hundred 18 wheelers per day leaving the construction zone. Haulers will be entering the area from 15th Street (southbound) or on 17th Street (eastbound) between Colorado and Congress.
- 1801 Congress (site across from the Bullock): Utility construction will continue along the south sidewalk of MLK and in the eastbound street lane. Drilling for the foundation piers will begin soon.
- 1601 Congress: Excavation will continue through mid-September. Approximately, 200 loads will be exiting from Congress going east on MLK.
- Colorado Street: Utility work will cause lane closures between 16th and 17th Streets. A new traffic signal will be installed at Colorado and MLK.
ERS (Employee Retirement System) Updates: Construction of the new building will begin in May. Barricades along MLK and San Jacinto will be installed and sidewalks around that block will be closed. (The ERS project is not part of the Capitol Complex Program and is not managed by TFC.)