BULLOCK TEXAS STATE HISTORY MUSEUM
October 27, 2023, 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Join the Bullock Museum in partnership with Girlstart for the annual FREE family-friendly Halloween celebration. Enjoy hands-on STEM fun for the whole family. Compete for prizes at the “Under the Seat” themed costume contest. And explore the Museum with a spooky scavenger hunt. Learn more about this fun event here: Spooktacular | Bullock Texas State History Museum (thestoryoftexas.com)
BLANTON MUSEUM OF ART
Special Exhibition: If the Sky Were Orange: Art in the Time of Climate Change
Now showing through February 11, 2024
This special two-part exhibition explores the history of contemporary urgency of climate-related issues. Guest curated by journalist Jeff Goodell, who has written extensively on the topic, If the Sky Were Orange is the first exhibition at the Blanton to explore one topic across several of the museum’s temporary gallery spaces.
The Contemporary Project and Film & Video Gallery feature work by ten contemporary artists addressing how climate change affects life on our planet, from how we create energy to the stability of ice sheets in Antarctica. Texts by Goodell and internationally known scientists and writers from The University of Texas at Austin and beyond interpret the artworks from the perspective of the authors’ specialized knowledge of climate change. Learn more about this exhibit at: https://blantonmuseum.org/exhibition/if-the-sky-were-orange-art-in-the-time-of-climate-change/
November 10-18, 2023, evenings | 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM
You are invited to experience 9 nights of dazzling illuminated art along Waller Creek this fall. See this year’s event
schedule and details at: https://waterloogreenway.org/creek-show/
Women and Men’s games are scheduled at the Moody Center this fall. Check out the excitement at the new home for UT Basketball.
Many other exciting fall events are planned at the Moody Center. Acts from the Jonas Brothers, to Aerosmith, to KISS. Get details, book tickets and find parking here. https://moodycenteratx.com/
UT LONGHORN FOOTBALL TAILGATING REMINDERS
The Texas Facilities Commission is proud to offer UT Football Tailgating on State property near the university campus. For details on tailgating policies, tailgating lots, parking and maps, please visit our webpage (Click Here).
State Employee Game Day Parking
- State employees are permitted one FREE parking space in either State garage A, E, F, G, or J on a first come, first served basis. (Garage T and W are also available for Capitol Complex employees with badge access to these garages).
- State parking locations not listed above will be closed and barricaded, and not available for public access.
- The 16th St. entrance to State garage J will be closed in the morning on game days, however State employees may enter on Guadalupe Street.
- State employees are required to show the parking attendant a State of Texas employee ID for a FREE parking permit. DPS parking stickers on vehicles are not sufficient for free entry.
Closed STATE GARAGE for UT Issued Alumni Parking Permits Only.
- ALL spaces in State garage B, Q, and R are temporarily leased to the University of Texas for Football Home Games. ALL spaces are utilized for parking with a UT Issued Alumni Parking Permit Only.
- State employees and the general public are not permitted to utilize these State garages without the proper UT issued permit.
- Garage B, located at 1511 San Jacinto Blvd.
- Garage Q, located at 1610 San Jacinto Blvd.
- Garage R, located at 1706 San Jacinto Blvd.