Pedestrian Update May 11, 2020rsevers
Look for red pedestrian signs along sidewalks in the Capitol Complex. The six foot A-frame signs have been refreshed with updated maps and a QR code for easier access to the campus map. Use your smart phone to scan the QR code and open a pdf of the Capitol Complex map you can take along with you.
To cross MLK Blvd. at:
- Colorado – Both crosswalks are accessible for travel to the Blanton Café or the Bullock Museum.
- Congress (at the Bullock Museum) – Use the western crosswalk closest to the Blanton Café. Note: This intersection is now a pedestrian only crossing.
- Brazos (at the ERS Building) – Use the (Blanton) north sidewalk along MLK Blvd. to San Jacinto. Cross MLK Blvd. using the eastern crosswalk closest to the bridge over the creek (just before Trinity Street).
- San Jacinto (to go to the Capitol) – Use the east crosswalk to travel south on San Jacinto Street and the eastern sidewalk to travel south towards the Capitol.
- Closed: MLK Blvd. east bound sidewalk from Congress Avenue (in front of Bullock Museum) to San Jacinto.
- Closed: West side sidewalk along the 18th block of Brazos and the crosswalk over MLK Blvd. at Brazos.
- Closed: West side sidewalks along San Jacinto from MLK Blvd. to 18th Street.
- Closed: South sidewalk from parking garage G on Trinity to San Jacinto (Schultz Garden) is closed. Use the sidewalk along the Central Services Building to travel between San Jacinto and Trinity Streets.
Look for the wayfinding signboards at most intersections for the Safe Sidewalk Routes Map.
SAFE Walking Routes – Use the Safe Sidewalks Routes developed for this project. (Download a map here.)