Pedestrian Update November 10, 2020rsevers
Look for red pedestrian signs along sidewalks in the Capitol Complex. The six foot A-frame signs have a map and a QR code for easier access to the campus map. Use your smart phone to scan the QR code and open a pdf of the Capitol Complex map you can take along with you.
To cross MLK Blvd. at:
- Colorado – both crosswalks are accessible for travel to the Blanton Café or the Bullock Museum
- Congress (at the Bullock Museum) – Watch out for construction vehicle entering and exiting at Congress. To be safe, please use the Colorado and MLK Blvd. crosswalk instead of the crosswalk at Congress Avenue.
- Brazos (at the ERS Building) – Use the (Blanton) north sidewalk along MLK only, cross MLK using the eastern crosswalk at Brazos and the sidewalk along the ERS building to travel south.
- San Jacinto (to go to the Capitol) – Use the (Blanton) north sidewalk along MLK Blvd. only, cross MLK Blvd. using the eastern crosswalk at San Jacinto. To travel south toward the Capitol on San Jacinto Street use the eastern sidewalk closest to the bridge over the creek.
- Watch out for construction vehicles and workers!
Closed Sidewalks: DO NOT walk along the construction zones.
- Closed: MLK Blvd. east bound sidewalk from Congress Avenue (from the Bullock Museum) to San Jacinto. The Bike Lane is also closed. DO NOT WALK on the construction side of this block.
- Closed: West side (southbound) sidewalk along the 18th block of Brazos and the west side crosswalk over MLK Blvd. at Brazos.
- Closed: West side (northbound) sidewalks along San Jacinto from MLK Blvd.to 18th Street. (ERS Building)
- Closed: South (eastbound) sidewalk from Parking Garage G on Trinity to San Jacinto (Scholtz Garten) is closed. Use the sidewalk along the Central Services building to travel between San Jacinto and Trinity Streets.
SAFE Walking Routes – Use the Safe Sidewalks Routes developed for this project. (Download a map here.)