Pedestrian Update September 17, 2020rsevers
Look for red pedestrian signs along sidewalks in the Capitol Complex. The six foot A-frame signboards have a map and a QR code for easier access to the campus map. Use your smart phone to scan the QR code and open a pdf of the Capitol Complex map you can take along with you.
To cross MLK Blvd. at:
- Colorado – Both crosswalks are accessible for travel to the Blanton Café or the Bullock Museum.
- Congress (at the Bullock Museum) – Use the Colorado and MLK Blvd. crosswalk.
- Brazos (at the ERS Building) – Use the (Blanton) north sidewalk along MLK Blvd. only. Cross MLK Blvd. using the eastern crosswalk at Brazos and the sidewalk along the ERS building to travel south.
- San Jacinto (to go to the Capitol) – Use the (Blanton) north sidewalk along MLK Blvd. only and cross MLK Blvd. using the eastern crosswalk at San Jacinto. To travel south toward the Capitol on San Jacinto Street, use the eastern sidewalk closest to the bridge over the creek.
- Closed – MLK Blvd. east bound sidewalk from Congress Avenue (from the Bullock Museum) to San Jacinto.
- Closed – West side sidewalk along the 18th block of Brazos and the crosswalk over MLK Blvd. at Brazos.
- Closed – West side (north bound) sidewalks along San Jacinto from MLK Blvd. to 18th Street.
- Closed – South (east bound) sidewalk from Parking Garage G on Trinity to San Jacinto (Scholz Garten) is closed. Use the sidewalk along the Central Services Building to travel between San Jacinto and Trinity Streets.