Pedestrian Update, September 23, 2021rsevers
New App! – Check out our new interactive map to find the fastest route to your destination.
Select your starting location and your destination, and the app will show you the best walking route.
The six-foot, red A-frame signs have a map and a QR code for easier access to the campus map. Use your smartphone to scan the QR code and open the new interactive map. You can also visit the Visit the Travel page of www.TexasCapitolComplex.org to download a map that you can take with you on your visit to the Capitol Complex.
Use Safe Crosswalks:
- Cross MLK Blvd. at:
- Colorado – Both crosswalks are accessible for travel to the Blanton or the Bullock Museum.
- Congress (at the Bullock Museum) – Use caution at this crosswalk since visibility is limited due to the construction lane.
- Brazos (at the ERS Building) – Use the north sidewalk (near the Blanton Museum) along MLK Blvd. only. Cross MLK Blvd. using the eastern crosswalk at Brazos and the sidewalk next to the ERS building to travel south.
- San Jacinto (to go to the Capitol) – Use the (Blanton) north sidewalk along MLK Blvd. only.
- Watch your step. Look for uneven pavement and detours due to construction in the area.
- Closed: Congress Avenue & MLK Blvd. eastbound (south) sidewalk from Congress Avenue (from the Bullock Museum) to Brazos. The bike lane is also closed. DO NOT WALK on the construction side of this block. (Capitol Mall construction)
- Closed: West sidewalk (southbound) along the 18th block of Brazos along construction fence is closed. (1801 Congress Office Building construction)
- Closed: South sidewalk (eastbound) from Parking Garage G on Trinity to San Jacinto (next to Scholz Garten) is closed. Use the sidewalk along the Central Services Building to travel between San Jacinto and Trinity Streets.
SAFE Walking Routes – Use the Safe Sidewalks Routes developed for this project. (Download a map here.)