Pedestrian Updates, November 1, 2021rsevers
Have you used our New App!– Check out our new interactive map to find the fastest route to your destination.
Select your starting location and your destination, and the app will show you the best walking route.
The six-foot, red A-frame signs have a map and a QR code for easier access to the campus map. Use your smartphone to scan the QR code and open the new interactive map. You can also visit the Travel page of www.TexasCapitolComplex.org to download a map that you can take with you on your visit to the Capitol Complex.
Cross MLK Blvd. at:
- Colorado – Both crosswalks are accessible for travel to the Blanton or the Bullock Museums.
- Congress (at the Bullock Museum) – Watch out for construction vehicle entering and exiting at Congress. To be safe, please use the Colorado and MLK Blvd. crosswalk instead of the crosswalk at Congress Avenue.
- Brazos (at the ERS Building) – Use the (Blanton) north sidewalk along MLK Blvd. only. Cross MLK Blvd. using the eastern crosswalk at Brazos and the sidewalk next to the ERS building to travel south.
- San Jacinto (to go to the Capitol) – Use the (Blanton) north sidewalk along MLK Blvd. only.
Watch out for construction vehicles – and watch your step! Uneven pavement and detours still abound in the area.
- Closed: MLK Blvd. eastbound (south) sidewalk from Congress Avenue (from the Bullock Museum) to Brazos. The bike lane is also closed. DO NOT WALK on the construction side of this block. (Capitol Mall construction)
- Closed: West (southbound) sidewalk along the 18th block of Brazos and the west side crosswalk over MLK Blvd. at Brazos. (1801 Congress Office Building construction)
- Closed: South (eastbound) sidewalk from Scholz Garten on San Jacinto to Garage G on Trinity is closed. Use the sidewalk along the Central Services Building to travel between San Jacinto and Trinity Streets.
Need walking directions? Use the Safe Sidewalks routes developed for this project. (Download a map here.)